Being overweight is not only a problem for your look, but it also adds a numerous threats for life. There are a lot of factors that cause this overweight problem. When that happens, it is important that you stop it on time, before these extra pounds cause even bigger problems.
Today it is common to see overweight people. Many of these really do not give much importance to your condition, which can be a serious mistake as this can lead to illness that can prove fatal for people with this problem.
Both lack and excess weight can be detrimental to health. However, not all people necessarily have to weigh the same. Two people of the same size can have the same weight and be completely healthy. This will depend on their sex and body build.
What are the main symptoms of being overweight?
Generally, weight gain occurs over time, most people realize when they gain weight by themselves. However, some of the main symptoms of overweight are:
- The clothes are much tighter, and it is necessary to buy bigger clothes.
- There is a lot of fat at the waist level.
- The weight or scale meter shows that the weight has been increased.
- Waist circumference and body mass index are higher than normal.
What is the diagnosis?
The most frequent way to know if a person is overweight or is an obese person, is by calculating their body mass. This is a rough estimate of body fat, and allows you to determine the risk that a person can suffer from diseases that can occur when there is excess body fat in the body.
The higher the body mass, the greater risk of illness. Body mass can be calculated from weight and height (weight in kilograms / height in meter squared).
A person is considered overweight when their body mass is between 25 kg/m2 and 29.9 kg/m2 according to the World Health Organization.
How is being overweight treated?
The treatment of this problem is multidisciplinary. In this treatment there must be an intervention of a psychologist, nutritionist and even a medical specialist in endocrinology.
Generally to lose weight you have to change the lifestyle towards a healthier, periodic physical activity and fast weight lose diets that are healthy balanced are the best treatment to deal with this problem, and thus be able to prevent from suffering from diseases related to obesity.
It is necessary to take into account in the diet the following, if you want to prevent overweight being a problem in your life.
- Limit the energy consumption that comes from total fat and sugars.
- Do physical activity frequently, at least one hour a day.
- Increase the consumption of vegetables and fruits, also of legumes, nuts and whole grains.
- Go to take a walk every time you can. Use electrodes or machines like Ultimate ABS Stimulator to get more of your cardio.
What are the most frequent consequences of obesity and overweight that can be on our health?
High body mass is a very important risk factor for certain diseases such as:
- Cardiovascular diseases (mainly cardiovascular accidents and heart disease), which in 2012 were the leading causes of death.
- Disorders of the locomotor system such as osteoarthritis. This is a degenerative joint disease that can lead to disabling the person.
- Breast, colon and endiometrial cancer.
At higher body mass index, the risk of contracting diseases can increase considerably. When we talk about childhood obesity, this can be associated with premature death and disability in adult ages.
And this is not all. Children with obesity or overweight can suffer respiratory difficulties, increased risk of high blood pressure and fractures, and may present insulin resistance, cardiovascular disease and may also suffer psychological consequences.
What are the causes of obesity?
Obesity is fundamentally developed by an energy imbalance between consumed and spent calories, usually produced by:
- An increase in the intake of foods high in calories that have many fats, salts and sugars, which in turn contribute very few micronutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Very little physical activity thanks to the increasingly sedentary life given by the different forms of work that exist, increasing urbanization and new ways of moving in our daily lives.
So, how can we avoid this terrible problem?
Very simple. As I said before, just make some changes in your habits of life and food. With a healthy and balanced diet and enough physical exercise, you can maintain a healthy weight and avoid suffering all the diseases that can appear because of obesity. Also, there’s things that can help you reach the mindset of losing weight like a waist trainer, because you look better, you correct your posture and you can’t eat more than what’s really necessary.
In addition, you can supplement your diet with certain dietary supplements, such as Pure Cambogia Ultra, which allows you lose weight while providing certain nutrients, vitamins and minerals necessary for the proper functioning of our body.