Ever heard the saying “your hair is your crowning glory”? Well, if that’s true, my crowning glory is a hot mess! I am blessed with a full head of super thick hair, I know. It’s not falling out, it’s not limp and lifeless and with skills and time and effort, it can look amazing. But the thing is, I do not have time or skills really! Which is why I was really curious about Sleep Styler hair rollers, because I wanted to just get up and go.
The Hot Mess That Is My Hair
Like I said before, I have a lot of thick hair, so straightening it or styling it in any way takes about 2 hours of my time. I can’t just wear it naturally, because it looks terrible. I have a wide variety of textures ranging from 2b (wavy) hair up in the front of my head and then the texture changes all the way to 3c (tighter curls) in the back and crown of my head. I would often try to use hair rollers, hair wands, straighteners, etc., but in the morning I don’t have time to achieve a nice and polished look before heading off to work.
The battle with my hair also involves the fact that I don’t want to keep using damaging heat on my hair. Straightening my hair every day or using hot curlers was really damaging to my hair.
I tried to use no heat curlers, but they take a long time to get done, so I needed to sleep in them. However, that is super uncomfortable! It was just impossible to sleep in them.
Introducing Sleep Styler – No Heat Curlers
I came across Sleep Styler rollers on the internet and my curiosity was instantly raised. These are sleep hair curlers, or big, soft curlers that help you get overnight curls in an easy and comfortable way.
They are curlers made from a soft material like memory foam and you roll your hair up in the com and Velcro them closed. So, you can actually sleep comfortably with these on your head, because they’re like little pillows. The idea was brilliant to me!
I hesitated to try these no heat curlers, because I could only find them online. I wanted to be able to go into a store, look at them, touch them and see what I thought. Since I couldn’t, I at least wanted to see what other people who tried them thought and so I started searching Youtube videos and blogs. Beauty bloggers are awesome, because they give so much detailed info and can really help me decide whether to give a product a chance or to just not waist my money.
When it comes to this type of heatless curls and these rollers, however, the reviews were mixed. Some people had amazing results, while on others they totally flopped.
In the end, I decided to try them, because I felt like I could pinpoint the mistakes others were making and could do a decent job on my hair. The other reasons I tried them is because the price point is very reasonable and if they didn’t work it wouldn’t be a huge waste of money and also because I was so desperate and if they did work, it would be a huge win!
I ordered Sleep Styler curlers and when they came in, I was super excited to try them. They were really comfortable and I had no problem sleeping in them at night, which was a great relief. When I woke up in the morning, the results were better than I expected. My hair looked decent and it stayed styled for a while.
After some trial and error though, my hair looked spectacular and I was able to just get up and go in the mornings and not worry about my hair all day!
How to Use Sleep Styler Curlers for Amazing Style
- Start off with clean hair – If your hair is dirty or oily, your style will be limp and fall out. Additionally, you don’t want your hair to look oily when you are trying to achieve a polished look.
- Condition hair – You want your hair to be well conditioned, so that it is not frizzy or dry. The type and amount of conditioner to you use really depends on your hair type and texture. It’s important that you use enough for your hair to feel nice, but not so much that your hair is weighed down and limp.
- Make sure your hair is damp – You want your hair to be damp so that the curls are well defined and long-lasting. However, you don’t want your hair to be too wet, because you achieve a curl. Having your hair 85 to 90 dry before putting in Sleep Style curlers.
- Wrap your hair into Sleep Styler curlers – The amount of curlers that you use will depend on how much hair you have. If you have a lot of hair like I do, you want to do a layer at the bottom and then a layer at the top. Make sure the strap is at the top, and wrap your head around the curler going away from your face. Make sure to hold them really taught and then take the strap and wrap it down in the opposite direction of your hair.
- Don’t use too much hair – You may need to go ahead and get a second pack if you have a lot of hair, because you don’t want to put too much hair in each roller or it won’t look defined. Play around to see the results from different amounts of hair in each roller.
- Sleep – Now you can rest! Depending on how many curlers you have in your head, you might have to adjust them and move them around depending on how you lay down. But they are light and soft, so you will be able to sleep with no problem.
- Leave them in long enough – Sleep styler doesn’t only work when you sleep! There’s no reason that you can put them on during the day and leave them in for a nice style that evening. However, just leaving them in for 2 or 3 hours won’t cut it. Heatless curls take time!
- Pull Sleep Styler curlers out – In the morning, open each curler and slide in right out. The curls should be big and lose, like the curls you would get from a curling wand. Use your fingers to separate them and you can use some serum to smooth out the curls.
Benefits of Sleep Styler
We all want beautiful hair, but we put so much stress and damage to achieve a polished look, that it becomes harder and harder to achieve it. The more chemicals, heat, pulling and yanking that we do to our hair, the worse off it gets and the more we need to do to make it look decent.
We need to remember that once hair grows out, it’s dead, and there’s nothing we can do to “repair” it besides grow out new hair. This is why it’s important to take care of what we have!
Sleep Styler can help you take care of your hair and the benefits are several:
- Made with microfiber – This helps absorb excess water and reduce frizz
- Made with soft foam – This makes them light and comfortable, so that you can sleep on them as if you would on a pillow.
- Easy to use – You can roll your hair up super quickly in the evening and just pull it right out in the morning. You don’t have to be a hair guru to get it done!
- Promotes Good Hair Health – There no heat curlers do not damage your hair like hot styling tools, allowing you to grow out your hair without damage.
- Save time – It will take you 5 minutes in the morning to have your hair polished and styled.
- Curl or straighten hair – You can use these rollers to straighten your hair as well as curl it and the versatility is fantastic!
- Save Space – Because you can use these sleep hair curlers to curl or straighten, you can replace a lot of your styling tools. This is especially great for travel, when space can be severely limited.
All in all, I think this product is amazing. It gave me amazing style with little effort, discomfort and time. My hair is super sleep and styled without having to resort to heating tools, which really damage my hair.
I will be using Sleep Styler from now on so that I can just get up and go in the mornings, but look like I worked on my hair for hours! It’s the best hair curler, even better than expensive wands and heat styling tools.