Over the past year, a lot of bloggers have created inspiring tutorials about the charcoal mask. A lot of people (including me) have tried the mask and I just simply say that it definitely works! After applying this mask, you will notice that all of your blackheads are gone and your face is smoother and cleaner than before.
What is a charcoal mask?
A charcoal mask, also known as the charcoal peel off mask, is actually the popular Black Mask you see all over the Internet. The black charcoal mask was developed in Korea, using binchotan charcoal – a prominent anti-inflammatory that cleanses the skin while also brightening it at the same time. The mask also contains cultured green tea extract and green caviar extract.
In just 15 minutes, this charcoal face mask hydrates the skin, improving its flexibility and leaving it beautifully clarified, smooth and supple. The charcoal mask is skin friendly, and as long as you choose a good quality mask, it will not leave you with any redness or irritation. There are a lot of videos available that show how painful removing a charcoal mask can be. But in fact, those users are using the cheapest options available. High quality masks will contain bamboo, which aids in its pain-free removal.
The charcoal mask is practical and easy to use. You can take it with you on a trip and make sure the sun and salty water have no damaging effects face. You can start using a charcoal peel off mask once a week, and then increase it to twice a week. As you will continue using it regularly, you will notice a decrease in the amount of blackheads you develop on your face and you will notice how the impurities just peel off when you peel off the charcoal face mask.
Which are the ingredients of a charcoal mask?
The main ingredient in charcoal masks is, as the name suggests, activated charcoal. However, masks will vary on their overall composition. The best charcoal mask is made-up of a unique mix of plant-based ingredients which are clinically developed with a multitude of herbs based upon the wisdom of conventional Korean herbology. It also contains bamboo for easier removal. If you would like to learn more, read this article about Black Mask.
Who can use this masks?
The charcoal mask can be basically used by anyone who wants to treat skin problems. If you have a lot of hair on your face, it is best to at first try it on your chin, nose, and forehead. Otherwise, you can apply all around your face.
How to use the charcoal mask
You should apply the charcoal peel off mask to your clean face, wait for 20 to 30 minutes and then peel it off. It’s as simple as that! In case some of the charcoal mask remains stuck on your face, usea cloth with warm water and with a circular motion rub it on your face to remove whatever is left. Afterward, you can proceed with your regular face routine and in case your skin gets a bit red, you can use some face cream with calming effects.
Is it possible to make a charcoal mask at home?
If you would like to learn more about a high quality mask that you can easily order online, simply click here. You can, however, make an at-home version. While it’s not as effective as the one mentioned in the linked article, it’s still a great way to keep your skin clear and introduce you to the wonders of the charcoal mask.
You will only need the following ingredients (it makes enough for 2 applications):
- 1 tsp bentonite clay
- 1 tsp triggered charcoal powder
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 drop each of tea tree and lavender essential oils
- In a bowl add the water and essential oil.
- Sprinkle the bentonite clay over the top of the water and mix in the bowl. Allow it to sit for about 10 seconds before adding the rest of the components. This softens the mixture and makes it easier to mix.
- With a little rubber spatula mash and mix everything together. The clay can be lumpy, so it’s important to mix it for a few minutes in order for it to becomes smooth and be completely mixed.
- As soon as your charcoal mask is blended, apply it liberally to your face. Allow it to dry about 10 minutes prior to washing it off with soap and warm water.
- Before making the charcoal peel off mask at home, make sure you have secured your area with plastic bags or rolls because you might stain the furniture or your clothes.
- If you feel like this charcoal mask has made your face a bit dry, apply some lotion or oil that will calm the face and cool it.
The charcoal mask has arrived and the buzz surrounding it is due to good reason! It will help remove blackheads and impurities and it will leave your face glowing. All you need is the charcoal face mask to reveal your true beauty and nothing more.